Friday 15 May 2015

An Appeal for Help!

My late father was the President of the Catenian Circle of 
Westmorland some years ago. His name was Jack Liness.

I am one of the parents on the Parents and  Friends' Association of St Cuthbert's RC School in Windermere. I am desperately trying to find some money to 
replace the floor in the hall next to St Herbert's church. It must be 
49 yrs old. The children from the school use it for their lunch and 
also for PE. Sometimes it's used by an independent user for dance and 
also by the parishioners for coffee mornings.

It's in a terrible state and wants replacing. I've had a could've of quotes and it's going to cost in the region of £5,000 to £6000 to replace.

I know money is tight for everyone. I have tried applying for funding from various pots of cash but can't access it because it's deemed to be for just Catholics so 
they won't fund anything to promote religion. Thetruth is the school has 
various faiths attending and the hall is used by others in  the local 
community, not just Catholics.

I respectfully ask if the Catenian Association can help us? I am willing to meet with the local President or his representative to discuss further and show various quotes I have received. Father Kevan DOrgan is aware of the project to replace the floor.

I would be ever so grateful if the Catenian Association could help In raising the funds we need to make the church hall fit for purpose.

Regards

Simone Backhouse
015394 45117

No comments:

Post a Comment