Tuesday 16 May 2017

The following letter has been received from Jack Linass' grand-daughter, Grania Cookson. Can you help her?

Good Evening, 

I'm so sorry to bother you however i am seeking some advice. My name is Grania Cookson and i am a second year veterinary student at the University of Nottingham however originally from Windermere. My granddad was a keen Catenian and was president in the Westmorland area around 10 years ago. Unfortunately when i was 12 years old he passed away from an enlarged heart. It is for this reason that i am writing to you today. Losing my grandad changed my life forever. I lived with him and with my dad not having a big role in my life my grandfather meant the world to me. He would often take us to Catenian events and would show us off to all of his friends. 

I'm not the most sporty person and absolutely hated cross country at school yet loved ballet and netball. However having had surgery 2 years ago and being told that i would never be a runner i have decided to take my grandads attitude towards life and to not let anyone tell me i can't do anything. He was always the one to tell me to 'go for it' with anything new i wanted to try. It is for this reason today that i am emailing you. 

I have signed up to run as a red heart runner in the Great North run in memory of my grandad Jack Liness and in doing so must raise £400 without gift aid for the British Heart Foundation. I am aware that many of your members may have moved on however am sure that some may remember me (granted i am nearly 21 so it was a long time ago since they last saw me) and if they do not remember me i am sure they remember Jack. 

My just giving page is as follows https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/GraniaCookson . I was wondering if it would be possible for you to send my link and my story around to your members on the off chance that someone may support me. I am more than happy to come and talk to your members after the event if this is what it takes to be successful in my fundraising journey. 

I thank you for your time in reading my email and am so grateful for any support i may get. 

With kindest regards


Grania Cookson

Grania is raising money to help British Heart Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment